Beaches are Open !
30. May 2020
Beaches are Open !
30. May 2020
This Taverna is located in Protaras, near to the Adelias , Hotel on the main road towards Cape Greco A very varied menu with freshly cooked BBQ in the Summer months with Live Music on Fridays to Sunday Normally opens May until October well worth a visit
The Cyprus News Agency reported packed Protaras beaches yesterday, on the first day of their opening, despite previous reports that the weather forecast kept many people away.
According to the CNA report, all beaches in the area were fully equipped with sunbeds and umbrellas, in line with protocol procedures, with the Paralimni municipality not charging for the beaches all weekend.
Paralimni mayor Theodoros Pyrillis told CNA that ‘all measures were adhered to and people followed due process, choosing the Protaras golden coast and crystal blue waters’.
Pyrillis said that the municipality will continue to secure that the operation of the area’s beaches is guided by the relevant health ministry protocols and instructions.
Those in charge on the beach, he added, have strict instructions how to handle the new realities. Disinfecting the sunbeds as soon as bathers leave and keeping distances.
People are following through, he said.
The strategy to lift the restrictions and restart the economy has been divided into four phases which will be adjusted accordingly depending on the epidemiological data:
Phase 1: May 4 to May 20, 2020
– Construction sector and all parallel activities
– Retail trade- reopening shops apart from those in malls. Days and hours will be set by the labour and health ministries
– Open markets, street vendors
– Cruise ship refuelling without disembarkation of passengers or crew replacement
– Crew replacement for commercial vessels and transportation of private boats to licenced areas for mooring, maintenance and repair
– Lyceums- public and private school graduants from May 11.
– Scheduled surgeries will take place based on limits set by the health ministry.
– Dental centres – those that remain closed since the April 23 decree
– Use of open sports facilities only by athletes included on a list of the Olympic committee. The use of changing rooms, gyms, and other closed installations is banned
– Team sports training from May 18 in open areas without using changing rooms, gyms, and other closed spaces
– Tourist and travel agents
– Car washes
– Public transport capacities raised to 50 per cent
– Full operation of the civil service and the broader public sector
– 3 SMS per day while the curfew starts at 10pm and ends at 6am.
– Exercising in open area is allowed for up to two people – walking, tennis, swimming at sea and not in public and private swimming pools, cycling, etc. walkways inside parks will be open only for exercise, up to two people, and gatherings are banned. Underage children of parents who are exercising are exempted
Places of worship
– individual prayer in places of worship is allowed provided there are only 10 people at a time inside.
Phase 2: May 21- June 8
– hair and beauty salons
– restaurants but only in outside areas
– Libraries – June 1
– Museums, archaeological and historic venues – June 1
– betting shops – June 1
– Full operation of ports with the exemption of passenger disembarkation
– All restrictions are lifted on May 21, no SMS needed
– Gatherings of up to 10 people allowed
– Church and other religious services allowed from June 1 provided hygiene protocols are strictly adhered to. The same measures will apply for weddings, christenings, and funerals
– Free movement in parks, play areas outside, squares, marinas, etc, provided the people gathered do not exceed 10
– curfew lifted
Phase 3: June 9 – July 13
– Airports/airlines gradually and conditionally
– Ports, cruise ship servicing
– Restaurants, service in closed and open areas
– Beaches, on condition that safety distance will be kept
– Open air cinemas and theatres
– Sporting leagues without spectators
– University summer classes
Phase 4: July 14
– Theatres and cinemas
– Festivals and concerts
– Play areas in closed and open areas
It is stressed that the resumption of activities will be based on guidelines and protocols. For large gatherings in particular, the restriction of the number of people will be defined at a later stage.
The House of Representatives passed a New Law, N. 9(I)/2020 (also “the Law”), regulating the registration and operation of self-catering accommodation, which was subsequently published in the Government’s official Gazette on the 7th of February 2020.
The New legislation regulates the licensing, advertising and operation of Self-catering Accommodation in Cyprus ‘SCA’.
Definition of Self-Catering Accommodation
“Either a single tourist furnished villa, or a single residence, or a single apartment, which constitutes “a unit” under the provisions of the Immovable Property (Tenure, Registration and Valuation) Act, which does not constitute a “hotel” or “tourist accommodation” as defined in Part II and Part III of the same law, which is rented as a villa or a residence or a unit and not as a part of it, and is registered in the Register of Self-Catering Accommodation under the provisions of Part IIIA.
Conditions for Renting
Renting your self-catering accommodation is from now on prohibited, unless certain conditions are met according to the Law:
In simple terms, properties can be rented as a whole unit, not as rooms individually.
SCA can only be advertised, according to the Law, provided the SCA is registered at the DMT registry and licensed, has received a registration number, and their registration number is indicated on all promotion/advertisements of the SCA.
a) Each individual property will have it’s own registration number. This will be probably identified by the EAC meter’s unique identification number.
b) All contracts made with landlords by operators should include express permission for the commercial use/subletting/allowing for short term rental.
c) Where an operator applies for licensing a property, the landlord/owner’s authorization shall be required.
d) Fees will be prepaid for 3 years. Should a license be withdrawn, we envision that the DMT will refund back proportionally for the time remaining.
Revocation of License
The DMT is allowed/permitted to revoke automatically any property from the Self-Catering registry if:
The DMT can carry out ex officio inspections of the SCA at all times.
Application Procedure & Renewal
a) Registration with Tax Department for a tax identification number or a VAT number depending on which is required.
b) All the relevant details and characteristics of the unit, such as its technical specifications, and, evidence that it has been built as per the building permit and planning permission issued by the appropriate local authorities.
c) Insurance Cover for the SCA covering any dangers, which includes fire damage and public liability.
Note: The DMT is currently in the process of developing a platform so all such applications shall be submitted online. Until such a platform is live, no applications can be expected to be submitted.
Once registered with the Tax Department, the provisions of the Income Tax Law should apply, in that the unit owner will have to declare any income derived from the unit and pay any tax liability arising from the income.
Rainy and Stormy in Protaras (17.Jan. 2020)
** English text follows **
Η Scuba Diving Support Center στο πλαίσιο του κοινωνικού της έργου με χαρά σας ενημερώνει για τον πρώτο καθαρισμό βυθού και παραλίας που διοργανώνει το Σάββατο, 20 Ιουλίου, στις 17:00 στην παραλία Μάλαμα. Η εταιρεία θα παρέχει τον αέρα των δυτών που θα συμμετέχουν, με γεμίσματα ίδιων φιαλών είτε με φιάλες της εταιρείας. Για τους φίλους που θα συμμετέχουν στον καθαρισμό θα δοθούν γάντια και διχτάκια.
Παρακαλείστε όπως έχετε μαζί σας επαναχρησιμοποιούμενα δοχεία για το νερό σας.
Οι δύτες που ενδιαφέρονται να συμμετέχουν παρακαλούνται όπως μας ενημερώσουν τηλεφωνικώς για τη συμμετοχή τους μέχρι την Παρασκευή 19 Ιουλίου και όπως βρίσκονται στο fill station το Σάββατο 20 Ιουλίου από τις 16:00 για να παραλαμβάνουν τη φιάλη τους. (απαραίτητη η συμπλήρωση τυπικών εντύπων και η παρουσίαση κάρτας αυτοδύτη).
Για περισσότερες πληροφορίες παρακαλώ επικοινωνείστε μαζί μας στο 7007 7372 (SDSC) ή στο email@example.com.
The Scuba Diving Support Center (SDSC) team would like to inform you about the first beach and underwater clean up that is organized by our company on Saturday, July 20th at 17:00 at the Malama Beach. SDSC will provide scuba tanks for divers (or fill for free their own tanks). We will also provide gloves and nets to divers and other individuals who will help with the cleanup.
Any divers who are interested to join our effort please call us by Friday the 19th 17:00. On Saturday you can pick up your tank by 16:00 at the SDSC premises at 475 Leoforos Protara.
We kindly ask you to please bring your own reusable cups for water.
Also bring your Divers (qualifications) card in order to receive a tank from SDSC.
We are hoping to see you all at SDSC and at the beach.
For more info please contact us at 7007 7372 or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Parade along Protaras Road (Hotels Avenue a.k.a. The Strip) accompanied by the uplifting sounds of DJ Andreas Zambas.
The parade will begin at the end of Protaras Road and finish at Protaras Municipal Square “Lefkosia” where a programme of events will take place, including music, dance and a Panathenaic procession.
Designer and model Anna Dorothea will be a beautiful Princess of Spring wearing one of her own creations.
A charity bazaar will take place with snacks, drinks, bouncy castle, face painting and children’s crafts (pottery and flower creations).
Stephanos Water Sports (Protaras)has been in the water sports industry for 34 years. It started back in 1976 when Stephanos, the creator of the company, started a small family business, teaching people how to water ski.
Kapnos Airport Shuttle provides an easy and economical Bus Service between Protaras and Larnaca Airport.
KAPNOS Airport Shuttle is part of KAPNOS & Sons Transport Co Ltd Group. KAPNOS Shuttle also offers other scheduled Shuttle Routes between Nicosia, Larnaka International Airport and Paphos.
The Nearest Bus Stop for Protaras to Larnaka Airport is either Ayia Napa or Paralimni.
Mondays to Sundays 10.15 and 15.15
Mondays to Sundays 10.15 and 15.15
|Fare Prices and Journey Time||Adults||Children||Students||Journey Time|
|Ayia Napa → Larnaca Airport||€ 8.00||€ 5.00||€ 8.00||60minutes|
|Paralimni → Larnaca Airport||€ 8.00||€ 5.00||€ 8.00||60minutes|
|Protaras → Larnaca Airport (VALID FROM 15/04/2019)||€ 8.00||€ 5.00||€ 8.00||60minutes|
UPDATED SUMMER 2019 TIMETABLE